Ventura Modern Quilt Guild
SEPTEMBER GUILD MEETING
Date: Monday, September 11, 2017
Time: 6:00PM – 8:00PM
Location: Ventura Masonic Center, 482 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura, CA
Building Entry Code: See email sent to members
- Very special guest speaker, modern quilter and teacher, Alissa Haight-
Carlton, is Executive Director of the Modern Quilt Guild. She has
written two books, Block Party and Modern Minimal, and is featured in
many modern quilt publications.
- Chris Russell, team manager of Human Service Agency will be picking
up our philanthropy quilts for his organization.
- QuiltCon Charity Quilt Sew-In, September 16, 2017, Saturday, 10:30AM-
3:00PM at Superbuzzy, 1794 East Main Street, Ventura. To help, there
will be a sign-up sheet at meeting.
- Any “Orphan” quilt blocks lying around? Donate them and we will make
quilts to donate to Hurricane Harvey Relief.
- Win yourself a basket of goodies! Buy tickets to win a chance.
- Bring a Black and White Fat Quarter and get a chance to take
home a bundle of B & W fat quarters!
- Block Challenge for the month was to design a SUMMER Block.
We encourage you to make two blocks and “Give One and Keep
One.” Give one block to Philanthropy that will be used to make our
- Return your borrowed library materials and check out new ones.
- Philanthropy needs help. Visit our design wall at meeting and help
us design our next quilt. Return any blocks and kits finished for
donation. Donate a block and get a chance to win a gift.
- Show and Tell Items
Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting!