TONIGHT! NOVEMBER MEMBERS MEETING
Date: Monday, November 14, 2016
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Location: Ventura Masonic Center, 482 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura [map]
Building entry: Punch in the code 214 on the keypad to right of entry door
- Snack Detail: Sandy H and Annie O are bringing snacks.
- Challenge: Bring your free motion challenge item for show and tell. If you’ve made an item such as a zipper bag or coaster, consider donating it to our Guild so that we can sell it at a future fundraiser.
- Presentation: Cary Lyn P will be talking about her experiences with various techniques of fabric dyeing. If you too enjoy fabric dyeing, bring along some of your favorite techniques or examples to share.
SEW-IN AND WORKSHOP ON NOVEMBER 19
Sew-In and Workshop: Saturday, November 19 (rescheduled from 11/12)
9am – 4pm
Grace Lutheran Church, 6190 Telephone Rd, Ventura
Cost: $5 – Only a couple spots left! Contact Patrice right away if you’re interested in attending.
During this sew-in, Scott Griffin will be leading a class to make Carol Doak’s “Second Birthday Celebration Wreath”. Download PDF instructions here: https://www.caroldoak.com/
- Fabric specified on page five of Carol Doak’s PDF
- Paper for piecing (see below)
- Machine, extension cords, other equipment
Paper: You can purchase 50 pages of uv/ultra II translucent vellum paper for $4 from Patrice at tonight’s meeting. This is 8.5 weight paper, very light weight when compared with traditional 20 weight typing paper.