VENTURA MQG BOARD MEETING
Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Location: The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, 4360 East Main Street, Ventura [map]
RSVP: Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with your agenda item
All Members are invited to attend, but please RSVP to Patrice. Only items that have been submitted to Patrice for the agenda will be discussed.
OCTOBER VENTURA MQG MEMBERS MEETING
Date: Monday, October 10, 2016
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Location: Ventura Masonic Center, 482 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura [map]
Building entry: Punch in the door code (refer to your emailed meeting reminder)
- By popular request, our topic for the evening is free-motion quilting on a domestic home sewing machine, with our own Scott Griffin presenting his techniques and advice. Everyone is invited to participate in a round-table discussion following Scott’s demo. If you are an experienced free-motion quilter, please share your expertise. If you are new or have never tried it, find out the strategies you can use to add this technique to your quilting repertoire.
- Bring your “challenge” items from the Quilt University last month. Pick a technique that was demonstrated – tube piecing, flip triangles, English paper piecing hexagons, binding, or curved flying geese – and show us how you used it in a block or other item. Go to the Challenges page for links to tutorials to all the techniques shown at September’s meeting.
- Remember those UFOs we brought in January that we said we were going to complete during 2016? Are you done with yours? Bring it along so we can see the end result!
- The slate of Ventura MQG officers for 2017 will be announced, with nominations also taken from the floor with the consent of the nominee. Election of officers will take place in November.
- Bring your $5 bills (or $10s) for our outstanding raffle items! Lots of great stuff in the raffle baskets Monday evening!
- Bring a friend, a neighbor, or a family member along with your show-and-tell quilts! Our meetings are a lot of fun and our members are prolific!
Many of you are looking forward to Jacquie Gering‘s lectures and workshops here in Southern California in November. Here’s a summary of her schedule.
Nov. 8 – Camarillo Quilters, lecture at 9:30am
“Honoring Tradition or Modern Quilting: You know it when you see it.”
Nov. 9 – Camarillo Quilters workshop, 9:00am
“Quirky Pineapple”. $40 for non-members
Details at camarilloquilters.org
Nov. 9 – Simi Valley Quilters, lecture at 7:00pm
Details at simivalleyquiltguild.org
Nov. 10 – Valley Quiltmakers, lecture at 9:30am
Nov. 11 – Valley Quiltmakers workshop, 9:00am
“Creative Quilting using the Walking Foot.” $40 for non-members
Details at valleyquiltmakersguild.org