SEPTEMBER MEMBERS MEETING
Date: Monday, September 12, 2016
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Location: Ventura Masonic Center, 482 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura [map]
Building entry: Refer to your email for the front door code
- Bring your project from the Improv Quilting Challenge from Becky H: Using solid colors, 100% cotton and an improvisational approach to piecing and quilting, create a piece, wherever improv takes you! Option to create a placemat or placemats using your work. Size: Approximately 13½” x 17”. Consider donating your project to our Philanthropy effort. See more info and a tutorial on our Challenges page.
- We are holding another popular Quilt University, where members are showcasing quick tips and techniques that you can use in your quilting. Scott G – tube piecing; Judy C – flip triangles; Janna B – curved flying geese; Barbara O – binding tips; Jenn R – English paper piecing
- Quilts needed! Bring your modern quilts to the meeting for display on Sunday, September 18th, at the Simi Valley Quilt Show. Quilts must have a hanging sleeve and a label with your name on it.
- Philanthropy project roundup: If you have orphan blocks, challenge blocks, or fabric that is taking up space in your stash, consider bringing them to the General Meeting and we will incorporate them into our philanthropy projects.
It’s Sew-In Time!
Wednesday, September 14, 6-8pm at the Masonic Center (our regular meeting venue).
Bring your machine, all equipment you need, fabric, ideas, and your inspiration as we work on philanthropy items.
Simi Valley Quilt Show – Modern Quilts on Display
Sunday September 18, 10am-4pm
Rancho Santa Susana Community Park
5005 East Los Angeles, Simi Valley
Admission is $10. Our Opportunity Quilt will be there and we will be selling tickets!
Alissa Haight Carleton at the Conejo Valley Quilters Meeting
Monday September 19, 7pm
Ascension Lutheran Church, Pederson Hall
1600 East Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks
The co-founder of the Modern Quilt Guild will be the speaker at the Conejo Valley Quilters meeting. Social hour starts at 6:30pm and the meeting begins at 7:00pm. Guests are welcome; guest fee is $5.
October 6-8: QuiltFest Oasis, Palm Springs, featuring the National ModernQuilt Competition and a Modern Quilt Symposium
- Nov. 8 – Camarillo Quilters, lecture at 9:30 am. “Honoring Tradition or Modern Quilting: You know it when you see it.”
- Nov. 9 – Camarillo Quilters workshop, 9:00am, “Quirky Pineapple”. $40 for non-members
Details at camarilloquilters.org
Simi Valley Quilters
- Nov. 9 – Simi Valley Quilters, lecture at 7:00pm
Details at simivalleyquiltguild.org
- Nov. 10 – Valley Quiltmakers, lecture at 9:30am, “Rethinking Quilting”
- Nov. 11 – Valley Quiltmakers workshop, 9:00am. “Creative Quilting using the Walking Foot.” $40 for non-members
Details at valleyquiltmakersguild.org