Date: Monday, June 13, 2016
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Location: Ventura Masonic Center, 482 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura [map]
Building entry: Refer to your email for the front door code
NOTE! Bring a ruler, at least 18″ long. Any width is fine.
Quilt Exhibit: If you haven’t already, stop by the Government Center Atrium and see “Quilts: Art Quilts to Antique Quilts” curated by Cheryl Collart. Lots of our members’ work to see! Running through Tuesday, July 5. 800 S. Victoria Ave, Ventura. OpenMonday–Friday, 8a-5pm (closed weekends and holidays). More
Challenge: Color/Emotion Connection
Bring a 12.5″x12.5″ modern quilt block:
- Select a word from the list:
Tropical Vital Earthy Rich Regal Moving Energetic Professional Elegant Fresh Trendy Nostalgic Magical Dependable Subdued Refreshing Outdoors Hot Powerful Romantic Classic Sad
- Choose three or four colors that exemplify the word you chose. Paint chips were provided at the May meeting. If you weren’t there, use anything you want as a color source – paint chips, paint, crayons, pens!
- Design a modern block (12.5″x12.5″) using your colors to respond to the word.
Opportunity Quilt: Name? Do you have a name for our quilt? There will be a sign-up sheet for suggestions of names, and we will vote on a name at the meeting.
Philanthropy: What local organizations would you like to see our Guild support? There will be sign-up sheets at the meeting!
Row Robin exchange: It’s time for the quilt reveal! Can’t wait to see what’s been done.More about the Row Robin here
Library: Judy Hunt, Library Chair, has organized the growing selection of books and magazines available to check out for a month. If you have an item at home, please return it at the meeting so that it’s available for the next reader.
- We need a Quilt Host for the Opportunity Quilt. This person will keep the quilt and arrange for it to be shown at various guilds and public places where opportunity tickets may be sold.
- Opportunity Ticket organizer – a person who will have the tickets printed and keep track of who has checked out tickets. The recommendation last year was that the tickets come already numbered.