May Members Meeting
Date: Monday, May 9, 2016
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Location: Ventura Masonic Center, 482 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura [map]
Building entry: Refer to your email for the front door code
April’s Survey and Brainstorming Session: Results of April survey will be presented during the May meeting. It is very exciting to see so many thoughtful and focused responses!
Opportunity Quilt: Tisha Maeda has agreed to quilt the Opportunity Quilt! Very pleased to have this project underway. At the May meeting, bring your suggestions for the name of our new quilt.
Fundraising: There’s been a suggestion of holding a one-day Quilt Show at a free venue for small admission charge. All modern quilts. Possible locations in downtown Ventura with lots of foot traffic.
Philanthropy – At our meeting, please be prepared to respond:
1. Suggestions of organizations/recipients
2. Suggestions of modern patterns
3. Sign-up for making kits
4. Suggestions for times/dates of Sew-ins
May Meeting Guest Speaker: In response to all the requests for more information about color and the use of color in quilts in the “What do I want to learn” question on the survey last month, Judy Chaffee has arranged for Christine Martin to speak at our meeting. We will also have a color-related activity.
- “Quilting…..Then, Now and Beyond” – Ventura County Arts Council, Atrium Gallery in the Ventura County Hall of Administration, fourth floor. Submission deadline: May 10th. Exhibit runs from May 25 to July 6. Contact Cheryl Collart at Cheryl.email@example.com or phone 805-746-0931
- MQG Webinar, May 19: English Paper Piecing with Anna Boenish
- Central Coast Quilt Shop Tour: June 3-4-5, 2016, eleven shops from Paso Robles down to Ventura.