December Member Meeting + Holiday Party
Date: Monday, December 14, 2015
Time: 6pm to 8pm
Location: Ventura Masonic Center, 482 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura (map)
Building Entry: Refer to your email for the code to the building.
- Board Elections: It was a landslide for the nominated slate of officers! There are just a few committees that need a chair, so connect with your new President, Patrice, at the December meeting to see how you can help out in 2016.
- Challenge: From Annie O – Make a block inspired by your favorite smartphone app or computer program … or the one you wish you had. Annie had some great examples from a similar challenge at Road to CA 2015. Check out the inspiration blocks at venturamodernquiltguild.com/challenges
- Philanthropy: Grab a dog or cat bed kit to finish. We (well OK, Stacey and Joyce did most of the work) made more than 2 dozen kits for our last Philanthropy project of the year. Small, easy, fun. To be donated to Canine Adoption and Rescue League (CARL)
- Opportunity Quilt: A number of the November 21 Sew-In attendees startedbrainstorming on the next Opportunity Quilt (thanks for leading the charge, Kyle C!) and we think we came up with a great design, Traditional Block meets Modern Redesign. We’ll reveal the block challenge for this quilt in January, so all of us can contribute to this great fundraising quilt!
- Snacks: Not just your ordinary snacks this month! You should know what you’re bringing for the Holiday Party (Tisha should be reminding you); if you didn’t sign up, bring your favorite sweet or savory! No alcohol per our venue’s rules. See more Holiday Party details below.
- Book and Pattern Sale: No raffle this month, but you still want to bring cash for our Library sale! We’ve received so many great donations to our Library, it’s time to streamline. Selected sewing and quilting related books are $1.00. All proceeds to go to the Library for future purchases.
- Photos: See photos from our November meeting here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskpr1x9d
MORE HOLIDAY PARTY DETAILS
- Don’t forget to bring a modern fat quarter for our Night Before Christmas game, which is too much fun.
- Bring a wrapped sewing/quilting related item for the gift exchange. No dollar minimum — bring something that YOU would like to get yourself. Handmade items encouraged.
- It that’s not enough, there will be a giveaway game and drawings for gift cards!