September Ventura MQG Member Meeting
Date: Monday, October 12, 2015
Time: 6pm to 8pm
Location: Ventura Masonic Center, 482 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura (map)
Building Entry: Refer to your email for the code for the front door.
- Challenge: Face Your Fears! Create a quilt square in the modern aesthetic all about something you’re afraid of. It can be a quilting fear — Appliqué? Curved piecing? If you are a fearless quilter it can be a fear in your life — spiders? Snakes? Heights? As always, our Challenges are posted on our webpage here: venturamodernquiltguild.com/challenges
- Philanthropy: We are pleased to host Mary Kerrigan from Step Up Ventura, an organization serving homeless children ages 0-5. Mary will be choosing quilts made by YOU for these little ones.
- Opportunity Quilt: We are looking for a design (and designer) for the next fabulous Opportunity Quilt. Got an idea? Want to be on the design team? Contact a Board member today! venturamodernquiltguild.com/opportunity
- Snacks: Thanks for Ellen B, Lynne H, and Jenn R for bringing goodies last month. This month we get to sample treats from Becky H, Lucy S, and Stacey B!
- Raffle: Don’t forget to bring extra bucks for our always-fabulous raffle. We want to thank Quilt Ventura for the gift certificate, and we also had goodies from QuiltCon. Got something to donate? Adele F and Gladys R are our Raffle Chairs.
- Photos: See photos from our September meeting here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/vmqg/W41872