Check out the Challenges page or see below for details. Bring your work to the Show and Tell at our upcoming Members Meeting on July 13!
Challenge – It’s time for the Ventura County Fair!
Bring to the July Members’ Meeting any or all three of the following:
1. A modern quilted piece that you plan to enter in the Ventura County Fair;
2. A quilt for the “Day at the Fair” Quilt Challenge. See all details on page 20 of the Home Arts Entry Form.
- All quilts must be cloth, consisting of three layers (top, batting and backing) and must be hand and/or machine quilted. Only finished projects will be accepted.
- The design of the quilt must be an original design. Quilts can be pieced, appliquéd or a combination of both and may be embellished.
- Size must be at least 24” x 24” and no larger than 48” x 48” and may be any shape.
- An identification label must be sewn to the bottom back corner of the quilt.
- You may use any fabric(s) of your choice. The choices should reflect the theme – “A Day at the Fair”.
3. A quilt square with the theme “A Day at the Fair.” See all details on page 21 of the Home Arts Entry Form.
- The quilt block must measure 12 ½” x 12 ½” to be eligible for competition. Blocks that do not square up to 12 ½” will be disqualified.
- Blocks must be made from 100% cotton. Any technique or pattern may be used.
- Do not pre-quilt or back the block.
- Name and address must be attached to back of block.
- Quilt blocks will be on display during Fair.
- The entries will not be returned. A quilt consisting of these blocks will be displayed and auctioned at next year’s fair. Proceeds donated to the Ventura County Fair Foundation for fairground improvements.