Ventura Modern Quilt Guild Member’s Meeting
Date: Monday, May 11
Time: 6pm to 8pm
Location: Ventura Masonic Center, 482 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura (map)
Building entry: Refer to your Member’s email sent last week for the building code.
We look forward to seeing you there! Don’t forget to wear your name tags!
- Challenge Show and Tell – Bring your completed placemats for donation to Meals on Wheels! See our Challenges page for more details and for Scott’s tutorial.
- The next round of the Round Robin Challenge is due at the meeting. Just one last round till the big reveal! Remember, no asking for advice from the owner of the quilt, and don’t forget to sign the label.
- Skill Builder Speaker: Slash and Sew! Check out the photo tutorial from Patrice’s Fractured 9-Patch demo last month here: flic.kr/s/aHskaTgNhR
- Snacks: Scott G, Robin S and Leslie C have signed up to bring snacks. Thanks to Adele F, Ellen B, and Lynne H for bringing snacks last month.
- Philanthropy: Board Member Jim Duran from City Center is coming to receive 6 quilts from our Guild! The City Center provides transitional housing for families in Ventura County.
- Raffle: Don’t forget to bring extra bucks for our always-fabulous raffle. Thanks to last month’s donors Sewing Party, Artistic Impressions, Stencil Company and Anonymous!
- Opportunity Quilt: Keep selling those tickets and bring in your stubs/money — and pick up more tix from Regan or Scott.
- Photos: See photos from our April meeting here: flic.kr/s/aHsk9BvRKm.