Ventura Modern Quilt Guild Member’s Meeting
Date: Monday, March 9
Time: 6pm to 8pm
Location: Ventura Masonic Center, 482 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura (map)
We look forward to seeing you there! Don’t forget to wear your name tags!
- Challenge – “Marsala” Color of the Year: Create a 12.5″ x 12.5″ unfinished quilt square which incorporates Marsala (Pantone’s Color of 2015) made in the modern aesthetic. If you choose to do so, your quilt square can be donated for an upcoming VMQG philanthropy quilt. The closest Marsala fabric match is Kona Garnet — available at superbuzzy! For more details, see the Challenges page on the website. Thanks to Regan and Scott for being the Challenge coordinators.
- Round Robin Quilts continues… 14 quilters jumped aboard! You can see the list of participants (and the order of the Round Robin) on the Challenges page on the website.
- Slideshow fun: Traudel, Lynn, Ellen and Kelly’s photos of QuiltCon faves and those from Scott and Georganna from Road to California will be shown and briefly talked about. If you had faves from these shows get your photos to Georganna by Sunday, March 8.
- Skill Builder Speaker: Becky H will give a tour of the updated VMQG website and its features. She’ll also answer any social networking or general electronic questions you may have.
- VMQG Library: We now have a book/pattern/magazine lending library! Check out an item and get inspired!
- Snacks: Becky H., Kelly S., and Barbara O. have signed up to bring snacks. Thanks to Gladys, Annie and Georganna for bringing snacks last month — and to Tisha, Hospitality Chair.
- Raffle: Don’t forget to bring extra bucks for our always-fabulous raffle. One of the fab items will be a one day entry to the Glendale Quilt Show! Thanks to Strawberry Patches, Joy’s Fabrics, Jillily Studio, and Fiberworks for their great donations of fabrics, books and notions.
- Philanthropy: Thanks to those who picked up kits to complete. There are still a few available for Members to grab at the next meeting. Questions? Stacey is Philanthropy Chair.
- Opportunity Quilt: Keep selling those tickets and bring in your stubs/money — and pick up more tix from Regan. Georganna is making an incredible selvedge tote bag for the Member who sells the most tickets!
- Building entry: Refer to your reminder email for the code to the front door.
- Photos: See photos from our February meeting here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8oQxqk. Thanks to Kim H for being our meeting photographer!
Members listen to Jennifer Anderson’s Skill Building presentation about proper machine usage and care in February. Big thanks to her and Sewing Machine Warehouse.