Ventura Modern Quilt Guild Member Meeting
Monday, February 9, 6-8pm
Ventura Masonic Center, 482 East Santa Clara Street, Ventura
Cross street: California | Map
All are welcome. If you are not yet a Member, your first meeting is free and second is $5. After that, you’re welcome to join our Guild — we’d love to have you. Find out more on the About Us page.
Lots of great things will be happening this month and you don’t want to miss this meeting!
- Challenge – Name Tags: Wear yours for every meeting, please. It’ll be great to see each other’s creativity, help us be more welcoming to newcomers — and keeps Georganna from being confused! Get the details on this challenge on our new Challenges page on the website. Regan and Scott will present the new Challenge for March — what will it be?
- Round Robin Quilts kickoff: Join the fun! Find out more about what you need on our Challenges page on the website. Don’t be shy, and don’t think it is going to take up too much time — just one border per month is all you have to add. It can be as simple or complicated as you want. At the June meeting, you get back a completed top, just like magic!
- New Benefit of Membership: We’ll be rolling out an exciting new perk to our Members! You’ll have to come to the Meeting to find out more!
- Skill Builder Speaker: Home Machine Maintenance by Jennifer Anderson from Sewing Machine Warehouse. You can’t make a great quilt if you machine is not in tip top shape. Jennifer will do hands-on demos with a number of Members’ machines.
- Opportunity Quilt: remember to bring your ticket stubs and payments and pick up more ticket books!
- Quilt Pro Quo: Speaking of the Opportunity Quilt, members from the Orange County MQG will be bringing/showing their Opportunity Quilt at tonight’s meeting — and our own Opportunity Quilt will be shown at their meeting in the spring! In addition, Georganna’s taking it to Simi Valley on February 10. See more about our Opportunity Quilt farther down this email.
- Snacks: Gladys, Annie and Georganna have signed up to bring snacks. Thanks to Carol and Brenda for bringing snacks last month — and to Tisha for being our Hospitality Chair!
- Raffle: Don’t forget to bring extra bucks for our always-fabulous raffle. Thanks to Gladys and Adele for being the raffle organizers!
- Membership dues: If you owe your membership fee and have not paid, please remember to bring a check!
- Philanthropy: From Stacey – We need volunteers to work on philanthropy quilts – from tops, to quilting, to binding to sewing on labels. We will be kitting up various projects and I will have them with me at the next meeting.
- Building entry: Refer to your reminder email for the code to the door. Contact Georganna at president[at]venturamodernquiltguild[dot]com if you need assistance.
- Photos: See photos from our January meeting here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk48ky8a. Thanks to Kim H for being our meeting photographer!