Our June VMQG Block Challenge is our yearly Ventura County Fair Block Challenge. Make a (modern) quilt block which reflects the Ventura County Fair’s 2014 theme of A Country Fair with Ocean Air.
If you plan on submitting your block to the Ventura County Fair please follow their guidelines below, if not please make your block any size. Please click HERE for an abridged version of the Fair’s home arts department entry guide (I took out all non-quilting pages).
1. The quilt block must measure 12 ½” x 12 ½” to
be eligible for competition. Blocks that do not
square up to 12 ½” will be disqualified.
2. Blocks must be made from 100% cotton. Any
technique or pattern may be used.
3. Do not pre-quilt or back the block,
4. Name and address must be attached to back of
5. Quilt blocks will be on display during Fair.
6. The entries will not be returned. A quilt
consisting of these blocks will be displayed and
auctioned at next year’s fair. Proceeds donated
to the Ventura County Fair Foundation for