For those of you who signed up for our Winter Tree Block Exchange, here are the rules:
- Finished block size – 12 inch finished block (12 1/2 by 12 1/2 unfinished)
- 1/4 inch seams
- Fabric type = 100% cotton of quilt quality
- White or neutral background
- Look = scrappy and you can use solids and/or prints
- Not every block you make needs to be identical
- Blocks should be in the style of the modern esthetic
- Make one block for each exchange participant (including yourself)
- Date due = October 8th guild meeting, which is the distribution date
Here are some great links for Winter Tree Block inspiration!
- This is the quilt that started it all.
- These were HER inspiration blocks.
- This is the Bee Happy group Flickr pool. Scroll down the page until you get to the tree blocks. Pretty cool!
- No idea how to start? Here is a tutorial for a simple improv tree block. You’ll need to read through the house part before you get to the tree.
- Very cool WINTER, I mean winter! No leaves! Anyway click here for a really cool block tutorial.